Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Coconut Water, Aloe Vera Juice, and Rose Water Hair Treatment

I have done my research from KISS about the benefits of Rose Water with Aloe Vera Juice.  I have tried her regimen and it some what works for me. I think that my type 4a texture hair is so far damaged that I need to kick it up a notch. So from CurlyNikki to Long hair Don't Care I have read about so many benefits of Coconut, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil and Coconut Water.

So today I mixed 50% Coconut water, 25% Aloe Vera Juice, and 25% Rose Water from Whole foods into a bottle. I stored it in the fridge until I got home from work today. First I rubbed some pure coconut oil in my hands and applied it to the most damaged and dry parts on the hair (the crown for me). The I sectioned my hair into 3 parts (left, right and center) I pored about 1/4 cup of the mixture into each section. I twisted it in 2 sections because I like looser curls and I put some Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my edges (where to most hair lost from braid damage is). I put my plastic cap on for the night and wrapped my hair with a scarf to secure it.

My hope is to help restore my hair assist in the growth process. I'm not a very patient person, so I am trying to figure out what works best to speed up the process.

This weekend I will be creating a whip  with this mixture (just adding it to some Raw Shea Butter from Ghana). I will use that as my new cream.

I will continue to Deep Condition twice a week. No Shampoo. Seal with Shea Butter and JBCO. Treat my hair with this new mixture every other night for 2 weeks and then report back on how my hair has responded to it.

No comments :